PSL's Personal Support Services program is designed for people who have their own apartments in the community and do not require 24-hour on-site support. However, their skills are such that they do need assistance in certain areas to maintain their success in the community and further increase their independence.
Areas of need are identified by the individual and his or her treatment team, and a plan is developed using a menu of services available through this level of support. The menu is flexible and includes support such as:
- Assistance with medical and dental appointments;
- Keeping track of medications and assistance with re-orders, if needed;
- Meal planning, which often presents opportunities for ‘teachable moments’;
- Grocery shopping;
- Meal prep, food handling and storage;
- Learning to navigate the Greater Portland area by bus;
- Organizing household chores;
- Apartment cleaning and maintenance;
- Variable, flexible hours of support
- Assistance with reading mail; completing applications and recertifications for subsidies;
- Assistance with problem-solving, self-advocacy and more
All services are developed within the context of the individual’s plan for support (Person Centered Plan) and progress toward goals is monitored on an ongoing basis.
For more information about this program, contact Molly Travis at (207)-879-0847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.