Community Case Management

With offices in both South Portland and North Berwick, Case management offers many services to individuals with disabilities. The program seeks to connect individuals with their communities so that they may live as independently as possible. Individuals 18 and older will regularly set up times to meet with their case manager. On a yearly basis, they will collaboratively create an individualized plan addressing the following areas and more:

  • Assistance with social security, food stamps, Maine Care, and financial management.
  • Help with monitoring and coordinating medical, dental, vision, and psychiatric appointments.
  • Support with getting involved in the local community through volunteering, working, joining a leisure/fitness/recreation group, and accessing educational opportunities.
  • Advocacy and support to make sure the person likes their living situation and current programs.
  • Assistance in applying for housing, VR services, and accessing Maine Care services for which they may be eligible including Maine Care Section 21 & 29 waitlists, and Maine Care Section(s) 28, 65, 17, and 96.
  • Information and referral on topics including guardianship, living wills, special needs trusts and more.

How Do I Become Eligible?

Referrals for case management are processed through the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Aging and Disability (OADS). Contact the regional office in your area at: and ask to speak to a developmental services intake worker.
You must be at least 18 years of age and be receiving Maine Care to be eligible.

Representative Payee Services

PSL Services currently provides representative payee services to community case management individuals served by our agency at no cost. A representative payee will receive your monthly social security benefits and use the money to pay for your current needs including: housing, utilities, food, medical expenses, etc. He or she will also assist with any paperwork associated with benefits. If you or your family member needs this type of service, please feel free to discuss this with our agency during the intake process.